Thursday 23 June 2011

Charity shop mentalness

On my way home from work today I spied a gorgeous painting in the charity shop window. Oh my word, my mouth went a bit dry and I had to do a circuit round my village to look at it again and then turn round again and park up in the library so I could rush in there to buy it.
En route I was checking my purse (whilst trying not to break into a run) and found a tenner which I thought would more than cover it... ha ha ha. It was £22.00. No that is not a typing error. Twenty Two of our British pounds, for a print that was hanging out of the frame. (Which wouldn't have bothered me if it had been about a fiver.)Now, I liked it, but not that much.
I had a quick swoop for Pyrex and other tat but found nothing, walked round the corner to my most favouritest old ladyish smelling charity shop and bought a George VI jubilee mug£2.50 and an off white jug with a flower transfer for £1.
£22 nicker... they're having a larf!

*Photos to follow. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment